Our latest product release successfully went live on May 29th, 2019 and includes minor improvements to webhooks and support for IP range exclusions in analytics. Here’s what’s new:
JSON Support for Webhooks
Previously we have only supported the x-www-form-urlencoded as a webhook content type response, however, we’ve added a new JSON format. The reason for supporting JSON is some third-party applications such as Slack need to receive JSON content type responses in order to integrate with our application.
IP Range Exclusions in Analytics
In order to make it easier to apply IP exclusions to reporting analytics, users can now enter IP ranges in order to exclude visitor traffic.
To exclude visitor IPs from analytics, go to the Analytics section of Organization Settings and enter IP ranges using the following notation in the Excluded IP Addresses text box:
- IP Range Exclusion using wild card (*) notation: Users must enter IP ranges in the format of xxx.xxx.xx.* to exclude all traffic xxx.xxx.xx.0 to xxx.xxx.xx.255 IP’s. For example 192.168.0.* will exclude visitor traffic from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255.
- IP Range Exclusion using Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) notation: Users must enter IP ranges in the format of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/n where n must be an integer between 24-32. For example, 192.168.0.0/27 will exclude visitor traffic between 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.32.
- IP Range Exclusion with a sub-range: Users must enter the IP range in the format of xxx.xxx.xx.[0-255] to exclude IP’s from an 0-255 IP range. For example 192.168.0.[24-26] will exclude visitor traffic between 192.168.0.24 to 192.168.0.26 IPs.
- Visitors from IPs or IP ranges will begin to be excluded from reporting analytics from the date onward that IP(s) were added to the exclusion list and will not exclude traffic retroactively from historical analytics.
- Some customers have previously added IP ranges in the Excluded IP Addresses text area. This was not supported previously, but if the existing IP ranges are using one of the support IP range formats, visitors will begin to become excluded going forward after Release 58.
That’s it for this week – as always, please email email@example.com for assistance and send any product feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Product Management Team