In this article we’ll outline the steps needed to send data to Pardot via a PathFactory webhook with the following steps.
- Set up a Pardot Form.
- Create a PathFactory Webhook.
- Test your Webhook.
Step 1: Set up a Pardot Form Handler
- Create a form handler in Pardot, and ensure the following:
- The Pardot form handler will need a field for each of the event field data points for a Form Capture Webhook, Visitor Session Webhook, and/or Visitor Activity Webhook.
- Take note of the URL of the form you just created. You will use this when creating the Webhook in Step 2.
Step 2: Create a PathFactory Webhook
- Click on the gear icon at the top right of the page, and select Webhooks from the drop-down menu.
Webhooks menu item
- You are now on the Webhooks page. Click Add Webhook.
Add Webhook button
- Name the webhook, select which event type will trigger the webhook, and the URL of the Pardot Form you created in Step 1 above.
If you only want to receive data on known visitors in your Pardot Account, check the box for Fire for known visitors only.
Add Webhook menu
- Ensure that all the mapped event fields that you need are present in Event Fields and any custom fields are set up in Custom Fields.
Webhook Event Fields
- Make sure that form fields you use in PathFactory match those used in Pardot. These are case-sensitive.
Configure Webhook Event Fields menu
- Enable the webhook.
Step 3: Test the Webhook
Congratulations! You’ve now built a PathFactory Webhook to send data, and a Pardot form to receive that data. All that’s left is to do is test your webhook.