You can add your existing Explore, Target, or Recommend content tracks to Website Tools to recommend each track’s content.
Add the content track as a content source
First, you must add the existing content track as a source within Website Tools.
- Navigate to the existing Explore, Target, or Recommend track you want to include in recommendations.
- Beside the track name, select Copy Sitemap URL to Clipboard.
- Navigate to Content Intelligence > Content Configurations and select Add Content Source. A modal opens.
- Complete the modal.
- In Source Name, enter a name for the content source.
- In Source Type, select Sitemap URL.
- In Sitemap URL, paste the sitemap URL you copied earlier.
- Select Add Content Source.
Now that you’ve added the content track as a source, you’re ready to segment the track and add those segments to a new or existing content pool.
Create content segments and a pool
This article highlights the critical steps for configuring content tracks. Refer to the article Configuring content source, segments, and pools for Website Tools for a detailed general procedure.
- In the top right, select Add Segment. A modal opens.
- In Segment Name, enter a name that will allow you to find the segment later. For example, “Track Name Include.”
- In URLs, paste the sitemap URL.
- Delete everything after the main domain and enter an asterisk at the end of the URL.
For example, the URL
example.com/sitemap/c/G685oR.xml will become
The asterisk is a wildcard and indicates all URLs listed in the sitemap will be included.
- Click Add Segment.
|If you want to||Then|
|Exclude certain content assets||a. Create an additional segment. This segment will list all the excluded assets.
b. In a new web browser, paste the sitemap URL. A page opens showing the individual URLs of each asset within the track.
c. Copy all the URLs you want to exclude and paste them into the segment.
|Include all content assets||You’re done with this step! Continue to the following procedure.|
It’s time to add these segments to a new or existing content pool. Follow these steps.
- Select the Content Pools tab.
|If you want to||Then|
|Add to an existing content pool||a. In the left sidebar, select the existing content pool.
b. Skip to step 2.
|Create a new content pool||a. Select Add Content Pool. A modal opens.
b. Complete the modal and select Add Content Pool.
- Select Manage Segments. A modal opens.
- Search to find the segments you created earlier. Select each segment to add it. Selected segments appear at the bottom of the modal.
- Select Confirm.
- Use the radio buttons to set each segment to be included or excluded.
- Select Analyze Content Pool.
Once the content pool has been analyzed, you must add it to a website path for its content to appear in recommendations.
Add the content pool to a website path or page
You must add the content pool to a website path for its content to appear in recommendations.
- Navigate to Website Tools.
- Select Manage.
- Beside the desired website path, select Edit.
- In Content Pool, select the content pool you created.
- Select Save.