You can seamlessly integrate your Demandbase data with your PathFactory instance.
To enable this integration, you need to have the prerequisites listed below. Once these requirements are met, you can leverage Demandbase Segments within PathFactory.
- Select PathFactory from the Integration Name drop-down list and update field mapping.
2. Select the General tab and click Generate API token to provide to your Customer Success Manager (CSM). This process typically takes up to 24 hours to complete.
3. Next, share the generated API token with your PathFactory Customer Success Manager (CSM). Your CSM will then add the Demandbase API token to your PathFactory instance, facilitating the connection between the two platforms.
What is a PathFactory Segment?
In PathFactory, a Segment refers to a distinct group of individuals, accounts, activities, or opportunities that share one or more common characteristics. These Segments serve as additional data fields appended to your information, enabling you to filter and categorize your defined groups of Segments.
By using Segments from PathFactory, you can add leverage your Demandbase data to direct your audiences to personalized Content Tracks.
Create PathFactory Segments Using Demandbase Segments
Overview of Integration Steps
By following these instructions, you will successfully integrate your Demandbase data with your PathFactory instance, enabling the seamless exchange of information and the ability to leverage Demandbase Segments within PathFactory.
To implement this integration, follow the instructions outlined below.
Step 1: Define Segments within Demandbase.
Step 2: Add the newly created Segment to your Demandbase Account Connector, ensuring that it is linked to your PathFactory instance.
Step 3: Incorporate the Segment into your PathFactory setup so you can use it when building audience Segments. This will enable you to route these audiences to specific Content Tracks based on their characteristics.
Step 1: Create a Segment in Demandbase
By following these steps, you can create a new Segment in Demandbase, assign it a suitable name based on your chosen criteria, and establish a consistent naming convention that will allow for smooth integration with PathFactory.
To create a new Segment in PathFactory and prepare it for integration with PathFactory, follow the steps below.
- Access your Demandbase account and navigate to the Settings section.
- Within Settings, locate and click on the Segments tab.
- Choose the option to create a new Segment. Take note of the Segment Group Name, highlighted below, which will be referenced in Step 3.
- Provide a descriptive name for the Segment based on the criteria or characteristics you wish to apply to this group.
Note: Ensure that the naming convention you use for the Segment aligns with the format you intend to use when pulling it into PathFactory.
Step 2: Add the Segment to Your Demandbase Account Connector
By following these steps, you can successfully add your desired Segment from Demandbase to the PathFactory integration. Remember to retrieve the Segment ID from the URL or attribute name and enter it accurately in the PathFactory Account Connector settings.
To add your Segment to Demandbase from PathFactory, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Demandbase account and navigate to the Settings section.
- Within Settings, find and click on the Account Connector option.
- Locate the PathFactory connector and select it.
- In the Account Connector settings for PathFactory, look for the option to add your Segment.
- Enter the Segment ID, which can be found in the URL or at the end of the attribute name when viewing the Segment details. For example, if your Segment URL is “demandbase/o/ad/seg1007,” the Segment ID is “seg1007.”
- Add the Segment ID, for example SEG_1007 to the PathFactory Account Connector.
- Activate the Segment under Field Mapping, as shown below.
Step 3: Add the Segment to PathFactory
By following these steps, you will be able to add the Segment to PathFactory. Remember to use the prescribed format of “watch_list_Segment_Attribute_Name equals Segment Group Name” when defining the Segment in PathFactory, and enter the details accordingly.
To add the Segment to PathFactory, follow the steps below.
- On the PathFactory navigation menu, click on the gear icon.
- On the menu that appears, select Personalization.
- In the screen that appears next, click +Create Segment.
- The Create Segment popup menu appears.
- In this popup menu you will name the new Segment. If you want to base your new Segment on an existing Segment, click the dropdown list for Clone an Existing.
- After you have entered your correct information, click Create Segment. You are returned to the Segment main view with your new Segment ready to edit. If you cloned your Segment from an existing Segment, there will already be some rules set up. In the example below, this is a brand new Segment with no rules yet applied.
- Enter the Segment details in the specified format, ensuring you are adhering to your organization’s naming conventions. For example, if your Segment Group Name is “PathFactory” and the Segment Attribute Name is “SEG_1007,” the logic would be “watch_list_SEG_1007 equals PathFactory.”
Create PathFactory Segments Using Standard Demandbase Data
Below is a table of standard Demandbase data fields that can be used in various combinations to define your segments within PathFactory which can be leveraged for routing to different experiences based on that data.
You can learn more about standard rules for Demandbase Data here.
Demandbase Data Fields (Source)
|For public entities, annual revenue is based on company-reported public records for the global HQ on all locations. For privately-held organizations, annual revenue is based on consensus estimates for the yearly sales revenue number.
|Demandbase does an IP lookup and assigns one value based on a category. Categories include company size, vertical, origination.
|Enterprise, Government, Residential
|These are sub categories within each audience for detailed information level.
|University, Federal, Wireless Device
|Indicates that the identified company primarily sells to other businesses.
|Indicates that the identified company primarily sells to consumers or individuals.
|The city of the organization identified
|Demandbase’s standardized company name for the identified business.
|The country name of the identified company. Follows ISO-3166 standard.
|The unique identifier for the organization identified from the Demandbase database.
|The number of people employed at the organization.
|Employee band based on employee_count – defaults to Demandbase values.
|Indicates if the organization is on the Forbes 2000 list.
|Indicates if the organization is on the Fortune 1000 list.
|Boolean attribute which is true if the IP address resolves to a range classified as used by Internet Service Providers.
|Industry name based on SIC code – defaults to SIC industry
|Software & Technology
|Detailed indicates the visitor’s company has been identified, or Basic if the visitor has been classified.
|Cleaned and/or shortened company name for use in messages, ads, or marketing copy.
|Consensus SIC code as registered with the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) for the identified company. For more information visit OSHA SIC Lookup.
|Full State or Region Name.
|Revenue band based on annual_sales – defaults to Demandbase values.
|$1 – $1M
|Ticker symbol used by publicly traded companies.
|The street address of the organization.
|221 Main St.
|Industry specialty based on SIC code – defaults to SIC industry.
|The traffic attribute indicates an approximation of the number of visitors a company’s website receives in an average month.
|Very High, High, Medium, Low
|Clean URL of the company’s website.
Create PathFactory Segments Combining Demandbase Segments and Standard Rules
If you’re looking for additional granularity in your PathFactory Segments, we support combining Demandbase Segments and PathFactory Standard Rules logic. Any logic combining Standard Rules and Demandbase Segments will work as AND logic.
PathFactory users have the option to create a PathFactory Segment using both Demandbase data within our standard rules AND Demandbase segments within Demandbase Watchlist.
To do this, you must combine the knowledge you gained from performing Step 1 Create a Segment in Demandbase and Step 2 Add the Segment to Your Demandbase Account Connector, earlier in this document.
The screen captures below illustrates the additional granularity.
Next Step: Use PathFactory Segments in Destination Routes
With your PathFactory Segments created, you can now leverage these Segments to create Destination Routes. PathFactory’s Destination Routes feature gives you the ability to direct your visitors to different content tracks based on which visitor Segments they belong to. Once you have created a route you can use a single link to send visitors to content tracks which are tailored to them!
Read more about routes in How to Create, Edit, or Delete a Route.