Increase browsing efficiency and engagement by displaying content tags as labels on thumbnails on a Landing Page Content List section. Using this functionality enables quick identification of content characteristics, improving audience interaction and satisfaction.
To use this feature, first you need to edit the Theme to customize the appearance of the content tags’ background color, font, tag label border radius, and text size. Languages and content types will appear as an overlay label on the thumbnail whereas the rest of the tags will appear below the title or description.
After you have configured the styling you want to use on your asset labels you will edit the appearance of the Content List for a Landing Page. There are two parts to this process:
Step 1. Edit the Theme’s Landing Page.
Step 2. Set up Content List assets, labels, and styling.
Follow the instructions below for step-by-step details for both steps.
Step 1. Edit the Theme File
- On the main navigation menu, select the gear icon and then select the Themes menu item.
- In the list of Themes that appears, select the title of the Theme you wish to edit.
Note: any changes you make in this Theme file will be carried out automatically for all Templated Experiences using that Theme going forward, if no customizations have already been made to the Templated Experience. For example, someone may have adjusted the appearance styling for a Templated Experience. In that case, the Theme would not update for that Templated Experience.
- On the Theme that opens, find the Content Tags menu on the right side and click on its arrow to expand it.
- Using the editing tools provided, you may change the background color of the tags, the amount of rounding for the tag corners, the label text color and the label text size. As you change the appearance settings, the display updates in real time so you can see what the labels will look like.
- When you are finished, lock in your changes by clicking Save. To exit without saving, click the link at the top of the page, Return to Theme. At the confirmation prompt, select Yes.
Step 2. Set Up Content List Assets, Labels, and Styling
By editing the Content List appearance on the Landing Page, you can specify which content assets to display, which labels to display with the assets, and the assets’ descriptions.
Similar to content track functionalities, you may override the appearance of the content titles and descriptions for the Content List section on Landing Pages. You may also manually select assets you want to appear in the Content List section of the Landing Page.
By adjusting these settings, you may tailor your Landing Page to highlight key benefits or content assets.
- Open a Templated Experience in edit mode that has a Landing Page already created, or create a Landing Page before proceeding to the next step.
- Select the Landing Page tab.
- Scroll down to the Content List menu and expand it, as shown below.
- In the Content List menu, you may customize the appearance settings for this section. In the next step, you will specify which content assets you want to display.
- Open Content in – select an option from the dropdown list (new tab, redirect in the same tab, or overlay).
- Truncation (lines) – for title and descriptions, place a limit on the number of lines allowed to display.
- Title Font Type Override – use this dropdown menu to select the format for the heading that displays for the content list section.
- Title Truncation (lines) – select from the dropdown list how many lines you want to accommodate for the section heading.
- Description Toggle – to display a brief description for each content asset, toggle this on.
- Description Font Type Override – to adjust the font displayed for the description, select a font format from this dropdown list.
- Description Font Color Override – to customize the color of the description font, use this menu.
- Background Mode – to adjust color, gradient, or image, use the options in this menu.
- Background Color – if you selected Color for Background Mode, click on this field. A popup menu appears, for you to select the color you want to display in the background of the given section.
- Show Search – to display a search bar for your visitors to be able to search the content assets you have included with the Landing Page, toggle this on.
- Show Filters – If you want your visitors to see the available filters for the content, toggle this on.
- Filters – If you want to display content that is tagged with only certain filters, enter the filter names here.
- Show Content Tags – To display the content tags (languages, content type) or labels beneath the thumbnails (all of the other filters), toggle on Show Content Tags, and then select the tags you want to display.
- Select Tags – If you want to display specific content tags as labels, select them from the dropdown list.
- Content List Type – To specify which type of content to display (Content Assets or Featured Assets) select an option from the dropdown list.
- Description truncation (lines) – select the number of lines for each description you want to display.
- To specify which content assets you want to display in the Content List section, use the Content Assets menu as highlighted below.
- In the Content List Type dropdown list, select Content Assets or Featured Content. If you select Content Assets, your Content List will contain all assets that you had added on the Content Configuration tab. If you select Featured Assets, you can then add specific assets to display in this Landing Page section. If you are adding Featured Assets, click Add Content.
- A menu opens for you to select which assets you want to display as featured assets. To show only those assets you have individually selected, activate the checkbox.
- When you are finished editing the Landing Page, to lock in your changes click Save. To return to the Templated Experiences list without saving your modifications, click the link at the top of the screen labeled Return to Landing Pages. At the prompt, click Yes.