Excluding URL paths from content analysis allows you to prevent select webpages from being analyzed and included in the recommendation pool.
|Note: Exclusions defined here do not impact Website Journey Tracking.|
Commonly excluded pages and paths include:
- About pages, such as /about
- Career pages, such as /careers
- Contact pages, such /contact or /contact-us
- Legal and compliance pages, such as /privacy-policy, /termsofuse, /trademark, /cookies
- Sitemaps, such as /sitemap
- Blog listing pages, such as /blog
- Documentation listing or FAQ pages, such as /help, /documentation, /faq
You can also use wildcards to exclude pages that follow a specified URL path. An asterisk (*) represents any subdirectory of the URL path.
For example, if your property domain is `www.example.com’:
- If you use `blog`: this will only exclude the one page, ‘www.example.com/blog’ and not any page that has characters after that defined path.
- If you use`blog/*`: all pages that include the path and any characters where the asterisk is will be excluded, such as ‘www.example.com/blog/title-1’ and ‘www.example.com/blog/title-2’
- If you use`blog*`: all pages as above will be excluded as well as the/blog/ index page
Adding excluded Website Paths to the exclusion table
- Navigate to the `Website Indexing` table within your Property Management page by clicking on the `Recommendations` tab
- Click “Add Exclusions”
- Enter the path you would like to exclude.
- Wild cards are supported
- Any URL paths entered prior to running your analysis will be excluded from content analysis and recommendations.
|Note: If an exclusion is added after an analysis, you will need to re-run the analysis.|