Before you can build a Content Track, you need to upload your content! Upload content assets to the Content Library individually, or in bulk to save time.
|Unsure of what types of content you can upload? Click here to learn what content types PathFactory supports.|
Adding Content Assets
In your Content Library, click on the Add Content button in the top right corner.
- To add an asset from a website click on the Website URL button. Copy and paste the desired web address into the field. To enter more than one address, press enter after each address.
To upload a file from your computer or other file storage, select File Upload and follow that process.
- To upload a CSV file, select the CSV Upload button and follow that process.
Embedding a Microsoft Excel File as a Content Asset
The following instructions guide you through sharing an Excel spreadsheet file to the Content Library.
- With your Excel file open that you plan to share, click Share, as shown in the screen capture below, and then select Embed.
- The Embed menu opens.
- On this menu you indicate how you want the Excel file. You also are shown a link to share that file, as shown in the screen capture below.
- Copy the URL as shown in the screen capture above.
- Return to PathFactory. In the Content Library, select Add Content.
- On the Add Content popup menu, select Website URL.
- Paste the link into the Website URL field.
- Now click Add. The Add and Configure Content menu opens, for you to add Tags, Topics, Funnel Stage, Persona, etc.
9. When you have set up your new Content Asset, click Done.
Embedding a Google File as a Content Asset
The following instructions guide you through the process of publishing a Google file as a Content Asset.
- Within your Google Doc or Sheet, select the File menu and then click Share, and then click Publish to Web, as shown in the screen capture below.
2. Now you should see a popup menu that contains a link, as shown below.
3. With the Link tab selected, copy the link to your clipboard.
4. Return to your PathFactory application. In the Content Library, select Add Content.
5. In the popup menu that appears, select Web URL, and paste the link in the space provided.
6. Now click Add.
7. The Content Configuration menu opens, for you to add Tags, Topics, Funnel Stage, Persona, etc. Proceed as normal.
8. When you have set up your new Content Asset, click Done.
Saving a Google File in PDF Format
- Open your Google file (sheet or doc).
- Click on the File menu and then select Download, as shown below.
- Select the PDF format from the menu selections.
- Now go to the place in your computer’s hard drive where you save your downloaded files. You should see your file there, in PDF format, with the same file name as your original Google file.
5. Proceed normally to upload the PDF file to your Content Library.